one guy trying to understand what it means to follow jesus

Wednesday, March 8

relating

The hard part of faith for me is this: I believe it's all about relationship, and relationships are hard.

If it were just about "doing right", well, that I can do sometimes, but not all the time. If it were just about "doing right" and God giving me grace when I screw it up, well, that would be relatively easy. But if it's about knowing God and being known by God, if it's about a living, active relationship with an eternal being, it it's about seeking more than His commandments and actually seeking Him, well, that's hard.

It's hard because it's mystical. It's hard because it can't easily be defined. It's hard because there's no book out there with some secret formula for doing it in five easy steps. (At least none that are worth the paper they're printed on.) It's hard because it's real.

But I think that's what God wants from me and honestly, that's what I want from Him. Something real. Real just costs so much. It takes so much work. It truly is hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
 
php hit counter